Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Men in Black Suits

My Dearest Love,

last night the men in the black suits came for me.

My old horse had carried me across the miles and I was nearly to your door. The horse was lathered in sweat, and my bones ached. But when I saw the men I drew my sword and held it tightly in my hand.

It was not meant to be. There were too many of them.

One was called Regret. Another was named Sadness. There was also Guilt, Despondency, Pain, and Anger.

They were the ones that kept me from you and I am truly sorry. I swung my sword with all the strength left in me, but it wasn't enough. It was never enough.

I am writing this from the cell that they have locked me in. My heart aches at the thought that I was not strong enough to defeat them. It aches because they kept me from what should have been.

They kept me from you.

Now my time is running short and I am feeling weak. They have deprived me of the necessary nourishment that I need to keep going, and I am already so tired from my journey.

My love, as you read this, please know that I tried to get past them. I gave it all that I could, but I just was not strong enough.

I should have been stronger. For you. For me. For us.

The light is beginning to fade and the raven that I have captured to deliver this message is growing restless. He yearns to fly. To you.

Know that when you read this all of the love I ever had for you goes into these words. Know that I never gave up and will never give up.

Even as my body grows cold and weak, if I can find a way to come to you, I will. Because your love is all that I need. Your love, and your acceptance.

If I can find a way.

Until that time I will fight the men in the black suits. Until I can fight no more.

My love will always be with you and my heart will always be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment