Friday, March 8, 2013

Mirror's Glow

Author's Note: I'm not entirely sure about this one. It started out as one thing and seemed to become another. Also, the first four lines seem to throw it off for me, but I've included them because the poem wouldn't have come about had they never been written. 

I suppose that, like much of the poetry out there, what it means to you will be different than what it means to me anyway, so I reckon I shouldn't be to concerned.On the plus side, because of my uncertainty, I managed to write another poem that is sort of a follow-up. It's included here, too.

And as always, comments are welcome. Enjoy.

*****

"Mirror's Glow"

A moonlit night
cold, cold air
the stars are bright
and something's there

Elusive being
what might you be
I hear you sing
but cannot see

so come to me
make yourself known
join me for tea
inside my home

we'll be good friends
we'll laugh and smile
let's play pretend
just for awhile

that you are me
and I am you
that we are free
and dreams come true

come take my hand
I won't let go
of my friend who stands
in the mirror's glow

for i am me
and you are you
and let's just be
let us be true

accept each other
and sort of brothers
in reflected places
on our mirror's faces

*****

"POV"

I got no idea what this poem really means.
Will it be different for you and different for me?
Is it about learning to love yourself?
Or is it entirely about something else?
An ode to dopplegangers, perhaps?
It could be anything. I won't get too attached.
For it is what it is, there's no wrong or right,
when it comes to poems written late, late at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment