Sunday, July 15, 2012

Oldies

The following are some older writings that I'm PRETTY sure aren't up here. It will be updated as I find them. If you spot a duplicate, by all means, let me know.

She Asked - originally written 2/17/11
She asked, "Are you alright?"
I said, "I don't think that I'm real
I'm made of glue and paper
But somehow I still feel."
She asked, "How can I help you?"
I answered, "I don't know.
But part of me is missing,
and for awhile now, it seems so."

She asked, "Well, what has happened?"
"I fell in love," came my reply.
"And the glue and paper have come undone
from the tears out of my eyes."
She asked, "What has you crying?
What have you been going through?"
I said, "It started when I realized
that my heart belonged to you."

She asked, "Is that a bad thing?"
I said, "No, it's not. That's true.
But I'm not quite right, so I wonder
What's that saying about you?"
And she said, "I hadn't thought of that."
Then, forever, walked away.
My paper heart lay in pieces then
And still does to this day.

*****

The Gift - originally written 4/10/2011
When you love someone dearly, don't do it on autopilot
Don't take them for granted, or soon you'll regret it.
Remember to always be patient and kind,
know your actions effect them, so keep them in mind.

Love is a journey, but you can't just press "cruise"
you must put real thought into the words that you choose.
Listen intently and understand what they say
and don't just follow your heart, it can lead you astray.

Rather, lead your heart onward and you can pass any test
for while there's faith, hope, and love - love is the best
Show them you love them, and show them each day
Because love is a gift that can be taken away.

*****

 


1 comment: