Friday, July 27, 2012

Mish-mash patty-whack

Cogitate
At what point does solitude become solitary? When does relaxation become resignation? In the view of a majestic sunset some of life's biggest issues become mere trivialities. And in the quiet calm induced by such a heavenly art show of color and light, a mind can attain laser-like focus. A focus that can become a double-edged sword.

Focus can break the wings of a soaring heart. It can lead from simple contemplation of life's great joys to ruminations of life's tragedies; cause a soul to plunge from the heavens to the abyss of memory.

An author once wrote that memory is the great deceiver, and it must be so. For when I remember the sunsets, the long walks in the woods, and swimming in the cold waters, I recall holding a hand in mine. The sound of a voice, a beautiful voice, laughing as we talk about everything. And nothing.

There was a face, smiling. I am sure of that. But I do not remember what it looks like. Only that it was the one that mattered most to me. The only one I wanted to look at, with the only eyes I wanted to look into.

Shadows
What if we are the shadows that shrink and grow; the dopplegangers on the other side of the mirror? What if we are the sadness, pain, bitterness and struggle? What if, on the other side, there is a utopia that we will never see? Are we the outcasts, the projections, the imagined? Are we really so great? Or are we just the shadows, the darkness; waiting for the light to dispel our short lives?

When the apple was eaten in the garden, did a merciful father create a split, allowing the children of the light to live in harmony, while the shadows were left to suffer? Did Peter Pan lose his shadow, or did it lose him?

Unimpressed
I don't want to have to show off to you or make you feel impressed
I just hope you'll say you love me, even when I am a mess.

You don't need to wear your make-up or have a tiny waist and thighs
You'll always be the prettiest girl that I've seen with these two eyes.

I just want to be loved for who I am, you'll be loved the same my dear
And you'll be held in arms that won't let go. No, not ever. Don't you fear.

Exit
Struggling, we enter the world and open our eyes to terrifying, bright light and a warm embrace. Make friends. Make love. Make someone feel special. Then close your eyes to the sunshine with a smile on your face. Return to the darkness, to her cold embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment