Friday, October 19, 2012

Sol

You wake to the new day with a small stretch,
then seated there quietly
you smile. The sun's warmth caresses your soft cheek and
I am jealous of its light.

You are gentle as the cool breeze
which ruffles through your hair,
and like that breeze, you create change
where you go.

Your natural beauty is peerless.
Not the cactus blossom in spring, nor
the mountains, nor the blue sky itself compare
to the simple splendor of looking upon you.

No quiet, starlit evening or softly
murmuring stream can impart thoughts
of peace
so much as your lovely, little grin.

Coyotes sing to you at night in the hopes that
you will dream of them. The little grey birds burst
into song as you make your way, showing their love,
and wishing that you would never leave.

But it is morning now. As you rise, you slowly arch your back
and reach up toward the heavens from whence you must have been sent,
and I smile at the easy grace
of your movements.

Then as I smile I quietly laugh to myself. I
am jealous of the sun, for he is the first to greet you on this
new day, with a warm, gentle kiss and a whispered
"good morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment