Monday, September 24, 2012

Dreams in the Night

The sun sets on another day and I look forward to sleep. Will I get to see you again? As the night sky fades from my vision I smile at the thought.

When my eyes open up the world is changed. The colors aren't quite as bright, like it is an old Hollywood picture; filmed in Technicolor, I suppose.

I'm dressed in a grey three-piece suit, wearing glasses and carrying a briefcase as I stroll down the street. I'm not sure where I'm heading off to, but I hope to see you there. I round a corner and...

...there you are. Your hair looks perfect, as always, and you're wearing a vintage stewardess outfit, navy blue. I like how you've accessorized with the white gloves. Very sheik.

We have both come to a stop and our faces light up as we just gaze at each other. And that is when time gets a little funny.

The world begins to change. Colors get more vivid. The styles of clothing change, and hairstyles,too. I see automobiles going through changes as well, and time has very clearly jumped ahead to the present, or something near it.

As we walk toward each other, prepared to embrace, each steps seems to take us farther away. Time begins to flux once again. It is as though time itself is what is keeping us apart.

Then I wake up.

My immediate feeling is sadness; I've lost you once again. But then a new thought comes to mind and I begin to smile.

It is only a matter of time before we meet again. A matter of time before I hold you close to me and kiss your sweet lips.

As the morning sun begins its ascent and brightens the new day I am filled with a sense of joy and calm. I am one day closer to spending the rest of my life with you. It is something to dream about. It is something worth waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment